Inspection and Necessary Preparations Before Starting and Using Octane Engine
The principle of octane engine is to measure the knock intensity of fuel.
Before starting the octane engine, we should make a comprehensive inspection of the equipment and necessary preparations. The specific contents are as follows:
1. Turn on the power switch.
2. Check water, electricity and sundries;
3. Check whether the clearance of the intake valve is 0.004in (left is intake valve); whether the exhaust valve is 0.014in (right is exhaust valve). If not adjusted accordingly, the adjustment method is to loosen the nut first and then adjust it with the plug ruler. Note: Check here at least once a month;
4. Check the state of octane number machine before test. (4.1) Check whether there is distilled water in the condenser and the water level is between 5 and 10 mm. If it is not enough, it should be filled in place.
(4.2) Check whether the crankcase oil is in the middle position, if the oil is not added to make the oil level reach the middle position (pay attention to the application of SAE30 type oil).
(4.3) Check if the cooling fluid is enough. Then turn on the refrigerator.
5. Check the mechanical and electrical zeros of the detonation meter.
6. Tuning counter reading below 500;
7. Turn on the turn-on knob to see whether the wheel is clockwise from the front.
8. Add more than 90 gasoline to the fuel bowl and expel bubbles.
9. Check whether the inlet valve rotates freely or not.
10. Read the atmospheric pressure, find out the corresponding correction number, and make the correction on the counter.
June 20, 2019Octane number of gasoline is a very important quality index of gasoline. Octane number is an agreed value representing the anti-knock performance of ignition engine fuel, and it is a conditional unit ...view
January 25, 2019The octane number of gasoline is a measure of its resistance to knock. The octane number is determined by a standard knock test engine (Waukesha CFR octane engines and SINPAR FTC-M octane engines) under operation conditions of ASTM D2699 RON and ASTM D270view
December 12, 2018On January 15-16, 2018, SINPAR held the "Octane Engine Technology Seminar" in Shanghai, and invited overseas partners and user representatives to participate in the technical seminar. At the seminar, SINPAR SXCP octane engine is showed...view
October 29, 2018SINPAR FTC Octane engine and Waukesha CFR engine run octane tests in accordance with a same defined set of operating conditions, conforming to ASTM D2699 (RON) and ASTM D2700(MON) Standard Test Method.view